Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SLS Products banned in Dubai

Talking of SLS...

the Dubai Government has been aware and responsible enough to ban shampoos containing SLS or Sodium Laureth Sulfate!






As I had mentioned earlier, SLS is a surfactant. Simply put, SLS is used as a floor cleaner.
Yes, and given the common sense we have, no consumer would like to use a surfactant which will have long term damage to the hair, the scalp and the soft nerve tissues that absorb this chemical.

SLS is also an ingredient that goes into most toothpastes today!!

Biotechnologists will argue that the percentage of SLS is well within safety levels. But don't we all already know the disclaimer label on toothpaste's which mention "NOT TO BE SWALLOWED"!!
Huh...

I would personally suggest that you do your own research and google out "SLS Free Shampoo" and "SLS Free Toothpaste".

My body is precious to me.
My planet is precious to me.
I would never use a product just because everyone else uses it, and because I choose what is convenient over what is healthy!

Would You?

1 comment:

komal said...

it is not only sls but also harmful paraben present in cosmetics that should be banned actually i use biotique or oriflame which have natural and nature identical substances and are really good even the sumeru face wash is amazing.. what about lip colour that women use which contain lead and fish scales? oriflame and a rare few others contain vegetable oil and thats why they are more expensive but safer 2 use same with body shop...

Post a Comment